Don’t Have Enough Fund To Enroll For An online course on Coursera? or have Been trying to get Financial Aid and have been rejected? Search no further, this article “How To Get Financial Aid In Coursera” is for you.
Free Online learning has enabled lots of individuals to acquire great skills from top companies and universities right from the comfort of their homes. In a short period skills in marketing, design, engineering, music, art, etc can be obtained through platforms like Coursera. Coursera has been a source of knowledge acquisition for millions of individuals bringing students together with expert tutors through distance learning. The question now is “how did Coursera impact so much life and knowledge?“
Coursera acknowledged the fact that even tho online learning might be cheaper, some people still might not be able to afford it. So, financial aid was made available. In this article, a step-by-step guide and tips have been made available to enable you to get financial Aid and a full understanding of what it covers.
What is Coursera Financial Aid?
The platform’s financial aid is like an online scholarship scheme designed by Coursera for individuals who want to enroll in a course on the platform. The availability of financial aid is for people who can’t afford to pay for the course. However, even though some people can pay for the course, they tend to abuse the benefits and still apply for financial aid telling lies in the easy just to get the aid.
The scheme is strictly designed for individuals who can’t afford to pay for it. If you can pay for the course, then we encourage you to pay for it. By doing so, you make it easier for people who can’t afford to pay for it. You are a Hero!
Types of Programs You Can Get Financial Aid For In Coursera
People often think Coursera offers aid for none high skilled courses. However, there are no specific programs you can get financial aid for. While enrolling for a course, just beside the course title or below it is written “Financial Aid Available” that’s if it’s available for the particular course.
If financial aid isn’t available how do I know? Very easy. You won’t see “Financial Aid Available” written there then, that means you’ll have to pay. Over 60% of courses on the platform provide financial aid while some are free.
Who Qualifies For Coursera Financial Aid?
Financial aid is for people who cannot afford to pay for the course on the platform. Anyone can get financial aid there are no special preferences for countries, religions, or ethnicity. During the application, you/applicants will be asked some questions about how much they currently earn and why they should be granted financial aid.
How Long does it take to get a Response on Coursera Financial Aid?
There are currently lots of applicants for the aid. So, it takes 15 days for Coursera to respond to your request. After 15 days or more, applicants will know if they have been granted the aid or not via Email.
Can My Coursera Financial Aid Application Be Denied?
Anyone who doesn’t qualify will be denied. When you provide the wrong information, your application will be denied. Your financial aid request can be denied based on the information you provide
Things To Note Before Applying For financial aid In Coursera
In order not to make any errors we have listed some of the things you need to take note of before you proceed with your application for financial aid
- Applicants are given a space where they state their reasons to be granted aid. Do not write anything less than 150 words it is not acceptable.
- Fill in every other detail correctly. Like your Nationality, income, etc. Do not give false information
- After applying, you must be patient. Wait for at least 15 days to get a response from Coursera via Email.
- If your financial aid for a particular is approved, it only covers that particular course or month. While applying to another course you will start the application process again and wait for 15 days.
Top 10 Courses to Study On Coursera
- Machine Learning by Andrew Ng (Stanford University) – This course provides a broad introduction to machine learning, datamining, and statistical pattern recognition. It covers the basic concepts and techniques, including supervised and unsupervised learning, linear and non-linear models, and Bayesian and optimization methods.
- Deep Learning by Andrew Ng (deeplearning.ai) – This course covers the foundations of deep learning, and how to build, train, and improve deep neural networks. It covers topics such as convolutional networks, recurrent networks, and optimization algorithms.
- Data Science by John Hopkins University – This course provides an introduction to the data science process and tools for working with data. It covers topics such as data exploration, visualization, and modeling.
- Introduction to Programming with Python by Rice University – This course covers the basics of programming in Python, including data types, control structures, functions, and modules.
- Data Structures and Algorithms by University of California, San Diego – This course covers the basic concepts and techniques for designing, analyzing, and implementing data structures and algorithms.
- Python for Data Science and Automation by University of Michigan – This course covers the basics of programming in Python for data science and automation tasks, including data manipulation and visualization.
- Google IT Automation with Python by Google – This course covers the basics of programming in Python for IT automation tasks, such as system administration and network automation.
- Introduction to Artificial Intelligence by IBM – This course provides an introduction to the field of artificial intelligence and its applications, including machine learning, natural language processing, and computer vision.
- Cloud Computing by University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign – This course covers the basics of cloud computing, including cloud architecture, deployment models, and services.
- Data Engineering by Google – This course covers the basics of data engineering, including data modeling, data storage, and data processing.
How To Apply and Get Financial Aid In Coursera | Step By Step
Estimate Cost : There is no application fee required
Time Needed : 30 minutes
This is a step-by-step guide on how to apply for financial aid on Coursera. It is advised you read carefully and follow the steps accordingly
Create an Account on Coursera if You Haven’t
It is required of you to create an account on Coursera whether for financial aid or if you are paying for the course. Either by Email, Facebook or already logged in Gmail account. Make sure you fill in all the details correctly, and use only your official name and not your nickname.
Click Here to Create an account
Search For the Course of your Choice
You can get financial aid for a course so, you need to choose a course that has financial aid available. This is a sample course with financial aid. Click on the financial aid.
Fill the Form
You need to Fill out the form correctly. The form asked you some questions about your educational background, annual income, and how much you can afford to pay if you can’t pay any amount indicated.
Write a good Easy
This is the difficult part of the application. You will be asked to answer some questions like; Why are you applying for Financial Aid? (150 words minimum required)
How will taking this course help you achieve your career goals? (150 words minimum required)
Would you consider using a low-interest loan to pay for your courses?
Make sure you write a good Easy Below is an image of an Easy sample. After writing your essay, submit it.
After Submitting the Form
you have to wait for at least 15 days to get a reply via email on whether your application was approved or not. But, if you followed the steps correctly then you will get it.
- Mobile Phone
- or Computer
- There are no documents required from you, just an Essay
More FAQs On How To Get Financial Aid In Coursera
Can I Get A Job With Coursera Certificate?
Coursera certificates are recognized all across the globe. Courses and certifications are from top companies and universities. However, it’s not all about completing courses and obtaining certificates, you have to be good at what you have learned, practice them always, and create things with what you learned. In summary, You will get a job with Coursera certificates.
Why you need a Coursera Financial Aid
financial aid helps cut the cost of a particular course sometimes it covered the whole cost. Also, It helps make learning cheaper.
Can I Use a Free Trial As I have Applied for Financial Aid?
This is one thing you should never try if you want to apply for financial aid. Your application will be rejected instantly. If you have already proceeded with a free trial and you want to apply for financial aid, make sure you cancel the free trial And re-apply once the trial has ended.
What should I do While I Wait for Coursera’s Response On My Application?
While waiting for Coursera’s response, you can make more research on the course you applied for to get more insight. Also for easier understanding of what the course entails, this enable a boost in your learning speed once approved.
Can I Transfer My Coursera Financial Aid?
There is no special fund set aside for you when you get financial aid. Coursera only makes the course free for you to study. Therefore, you can not transfer the financial aid to another platform or ide it for any other course.
What Do I Do If My Coursera Financial Aid Application Is Declined?
If your financial aid application is declined it might be for not properly filling in the details, or your easy is not up to 150 words, or you do not qualify for the Aid. Make sure you cross-check your application before submitting it. And if declined, you can re-apply again or try to pay for the course. Or you can choose a different course and apply for the aid.
What happens to my Financial Aid if I don't complete the course?
If you don’t complete the course within 180 days, you may lose your Financial Aid. You’ll need to apply again if you want to take the course at a later date.
Can I apply for Financial Aid for multiple courses at the same time?
Yes, you can apply for multiple courses simultaneously. However, you need to submit separate applications for each course.
Does the Coursera Financial Aid apply to all courses on the platform?
Not all courses offer Financial Aid or Scholarships. You can check if Financial Aid is available for a course from the course information page on Coursera.
Financial aid has helped lots of people who can not afford to pay for an online course. Lots of people can now boast of learning a course or more for free. Jobs have been secured with the certificates and knowledge gained from Coursera. Not every hero wears a cap!
CurrentFAQs is always here to answer your question. Kindly ask your questions in the comment section or contact us via the contact us Page.
Coursera – https://www.coursera.org/